tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Johan Peeters <johan.peet...@alcatel.be>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Nightly Builds of Tomcat 4.0-dev (pre-alpha)
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 01:39:09 GMT

"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> finalized.  However, Tomcat 4.0 recognizes the following DOCTYPE
> declaration and uses its internal draft version of the new DTD:
>
>     <!DOCTYPE web-app
>         PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
>         "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd">
>
> because it matches on the public identifier.  To avoid cut-and-paste
> problems, you can copy this from one of the example web applications.

I found myself modifying the above lines in the webdav app's deployment
descriptor in the distribution to
    <!DOCTYPE web-app
        "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

to get webdav to load.

> >    * tomcat seems to be listening to port 0, rather than 8080, in
> >      spite of the standard
> >        <Connector
> >      className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
> >                   port="8080" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
> >                   acceptCount="10" debug="2"/>
> >      in server.xml.
> >

> How are you making that determination?  Does it not respond to 8080 for
> you?  What platform/OS/JDK?

It does not respond to 8080. Tomcat writes

PoolTcpConnector: Starting HttpConnectionHandler on 0

to stdout when starting. Interestingly, netstat does not show anyone
listening on port 0 :-).
OS=NT, JDK=1.2.2

--
Johan Peeters mailto:johan.peeters@alcatel.be