tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Johan Peeters <johan.peet...@alcatel.be>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Nightly Builds of Tomcat 4.0-dev (pre-alpha)
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 11:57:38 GMT
I downloaded and tried to run the latest nightly build. I encountered
following problems:

   * when loading the webdav app, there is a problem with the
     web-app_2_3.dtd - it seems not to be available yet on java.sun.com.
     A workaround is to roll back to the 2_2 dtd. I was surprised to
     find that the DTD is actually needed. Presumably some xml parsing
     is done in validating mode?
   * tomcat seems to be listening to port 0, rather than 8080, in spite
     of the standard
       <Connector
     className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
                  acceptCount="10" debug="2"/>
     in server.xml.

I still do not quite understand the relationship between tomcat and
catalina. I notice that in the package structure 'tomcat' has been
replaced with 'catalina' everywhere. Will the name catalina persist or
will this be replaced by tomcat by the time that 4.0 is goes to beta/is
released? Will the future product be known as Tomcat or Catalina?

Many Thanks,

Yo

--
Johan Peeters mailto:johan.peeters@alcatel.be