tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: SIGSEGV 11 (*) segmentation violation
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 00:17:45 GMT
mark@smartmonsters.com wrote:

> [snip]

> 2. For me the SIGSEGV 11 crashes didn't happen with Tomcat 3.1.  Only
> started when I upgraded to 3.2b2.  Same VM, it was the Tomcat version
> which changed.

All that means is that whatever is triggering the VM to crash wasn't
encountered with 3.1, and was with 3.2 -- not that there was no bug
present.

There are *zero* ways that any pure-Java program (such as Tomcat) can
legitimately cause a JVM to segfault -- using native code is something
else again, but isn't an issue here.  Such problems are *always* due to
a bug in the VM itself.

> --Mark

Craig McClanahan

                                    Applications to Tomcat