tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew J. Dick" <>
Subject TomCat, taglibs, and servlet mapping
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 20:50:30 GMT
Hi all,

  I am trying to get a webapp running on tomcat 3.1 standalone.  I have ripped
out the templating portion of the
java petstore that I had running under weblogic 5.1.  I cannot seem to get the
servlet mapping to trigger to the
appropriate servlet.  First off, the FAQ describes using servlet classes
whereas the example I have maps to a
jsp, so I am not sure if this will make a difference or not.

However the following are the steps I took:

1.) Created a directory under tomcat/webapps called foo.
2.) In tomcat/webapp/foo, I created a WEB-INF directory.
3.) In tomcat/webapp/foo/WEB-INF I placed a web.xml file with the following:

4.) In tomcat/webapp/foo/WEB-INF I placed a directory tlds with the foo.tld
file which holds the template definitions.
5.) In tomcat/webapp/foo I placed all the required jsp files and the
index.html welcome page.
6.) In tomcat/conf/server.xml I added the following line:
      <Context path="/foo" docBase="webapps/foo" debug="1" reloadable="true"

This works for weblogic perfectly, with the appropriate change for step 6, .
This afternoon I reinstalled the webapp on weblogic,
made sure it was working, tarred it up and placed it under the appropriate
directory for tomcat and I get the following error:

Error: 500

Location: /foo/control/page1

Internal Servlet Error:

Any ideas, suggestions or similar experiences anyone?

Thanks for any advice.

View raw message