tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacek Bator <jba...@maa.poznan.pl>
Subject request.getParameter and encoding
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 17:50:42 GMT
I've try to get some strings sended from HTML page, ecoded  iso-8859-2
charset, with  request.getParameter method, and insteed of my national
letters i'am getting ?????? signs. Is there any way to fix this some
how. I've tried mthods
like this:

byte parametr[] = req.getParameter("PARAMETR").trim().getBytes();
String text = new String(parametr, 0, parametr.length, "ISO-8859-2");

but it doesn't work
generaly i'am using Windows for this, with win98 everything was OK when
I've changed national settings to standard english(US).
But with NT/40 I can't do that, and I must run my servlets on NT/40
I'am using Tomcat 3.1.

Pleesssseeee I realy need help

Jacek Bator
jbator@man.poznan.pl