tomcat-users mailing list archives

From saad <s...@dsfinternet.com>
Subject Re: AW: spaces in FILE
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 13:02:38 GMT
hello
i got this one peculiar problem whenever i make changes to my jsp file and view
it in a browser it does not reflect the changes..i have tried out using the
reload opton ...the servlet reloading works fine but the jsp reloading doesnt...

plz help me out

"Stubenrauch,Andreas" wrote:

> Because spaces are not allowed in URL. That is not apache or tomcat specific
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Michael Quinn [mailto:mquinn@myturn.com]
> Gesendet am: Samstag, 2. September 2000 01:15
> An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Betreff: spaces in FILE
>
> I am using Tomcat 3.1 with Apache on Solaris 8.
> The problem I am encountering is that when I try to access a URL with spaces
> in the name ..
> (ie. /gpc/tomcat/webapps/globalpc/support/appSpecific/Play and
> learn/Games.jsp )
>
> IN APACHE ACCESS_LOG IT TRANSLATES TO:
> /gpc/tomcat/webapps/globalpc/support/appSpecific/Play%20and%20learn/Games.js
>
> IN APACHE ERROR_LOG IT TRANSLATES TO:
> /gpc/tomcat/webapps/globalpc/support/appSpecific/Play/ and/ learn/Games.jsp
>
> Why does it translate a space to a slash space..  normal escaping  is a
> back-slash not a forward-slash.   Because it throws this forward slash into
> the name.. The file cannot be found!
> Obviously the best fix is to remove spaces from file names, but is there
> some other solution?  Can I tell Tomcat to escape spaces with a backslash
> instead of a forward slash?
>
> _______________
> Michael Quinn
> Software Engineer
> MyTurn.com
> Text Paging http://atlas.globalpc.com/directpager.html
> Voice 510-263-4855
> Fax 510-263-4999
> Cell 510-469-7532
> Home 925-743-9887
> http://www.myturn.com
>
> 1080 Marina Village Parkway
> Alameda, CA 94501

SEE YOU AT INDIA INTERNET WORLD 2000, Sept 27-29
Stall No. 404-405 Hall No. 11 Pragati Maidan New Delhi , India