tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "surinder singh" <surindersi...@bflsoftware.com>
Subject shutdown of tomcat not happening
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2000 09:37:24 GMT
I have installed tomcat over Redhat Linux6.2. The default jdk that comes
along redhat is JDK1.1(blackdown's Kaffe). I have started the tomcat but
am unable to shutdown.
Following is the output of shutdown.sh.

[root@linux bin]# shutdown.sh
Guessing TOMCAT_HOME from tomcat.sh to ./..
Setting TOMCAT_HOME to ./..
Using classpath:
.:./../lib/ant.jar:./../lib/jasper.jar:./../lib/servlet.jar:./../lib/test:./../lib/webserver.jar:./../lib/xml.jar

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: [exception was
java.util.MissingResourceException: no bundles found:
org.apache.tomcat.startup.LocalStrings]
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:38)
        at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:21)
        at java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:21)
        at
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError.<init>(ExceptionInInitializerError.java:25)

[root@linux bin]#

I couldn't get the pid of tomcat as I feel it is run inside the JVM. The
one option I has is to kill jvm but feel there may be some  civilised
way.

One more problem:
I have decompressed sun java server but didn't set any path for it, but
java server is running.
If  I give 164.164.58.187:8080 to Netscape on the linux machine it will
show me javaserver and if i give it from other machine form the network
it will show tomcat. I used lynx and it will display tomcat. I am in
puzzle as I have not installed and not made the javaserver up.

I am planning to remove JDK1.1 and to install JDK 1.2.2. can anybody
tell me odd and evens between JDK1.2.2 of sun and blackdown.

please tell me what to do.

TIA
Surinder