tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: web.xml, Apache and url-pattern
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 06:47:04 GMT
I don't know if it will solve all your problems, but you might try a <url-pattern> of
"/cgi_bin/*" instead of "/cgi_bin".  The one you are using will only match if the user
specifies it exactly, while the one I suggested will match any context-relative path
that begins with "/cgi-bin".  This is important when you realize that Tomcat issues a
redirect from

    http://localhost/intranet/cgi_bin

    http://localhost/intranet/cgi_bin/

which does *not* match the url pattern you are using.

Craig McClanahan

--
                                    Applications to Tomcat