tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: calling an applet from within a servlet.
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:31:51 GMT
Hi,

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	WThompson@gerbertechnology.com [SMTP:WThompson@gerbertechnology.com]
> Sent:	Monday, September 25, 2000 1:36 PM
> To:	tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject:	RE: calling an applet from within a servlet.
>
> try the servlets directory
	[Kitching Simon]
	Well, actually normally there *is* no servlets directory...
	(see more below)

	[Kitching Simon]
	When you generate the <APPLET> tag, there is a "codebase"
	attribute that you should set to some value, then put *all* the
	classes that your applet needs in that directory. Don't forget
	that if your applet main class requires some other class, then
	that other class must also be in that "codebase" directory.
	Or you can bundle all the necessary files into a ".jar" file and
	place the name of that .jar file in the "archive" attribute of the
	<APPLET> tag, and the jar file itself in the CODEBASE directory.

	You can choose any directory for your CODEBASE, *except*
	WEB-INF and subdirs.

	I generally use "/applets" as the CODEBASE.

	eg
	<APPLET
	codebase="/applets"
	arvhice="superapplet.jar"