tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: getInitParameter()
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:17:57 GMT
Hi Marek,

	[Kitching Simon]
	We use the same approach, and it works fine (tomcat 3.1, HPUX,
jdk1.2.2).

	All that I can think of is that perhaps you are calling
	context.getInitParam(..) instead of config.getInitParam,
	but that's unlikely too as the servlet init method is passed
	the ServletConfig.

	My web.xml file is almost identical to yours, and the code is:

	    super.init(config);

	      Enumeration eLocalNames = config.getInitParameterNames();
	    while (eLocalNames.hasMoreElements())
	    {
	      String name = (String) eLocalNames.nextElement();
	      try
	      {
	        String value = (String) config.getInitParameter(name);