tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: tomat/linux - can't get jsp to work in dir other than exampl es!
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:08:25 GMT

	[Kitching Simon]
	Hi,

	I don't know if the above is just a typo, but
	just in case it isn't, I'll point out:

	jsp files do *not* go in the WEB-INF subdirectory of your
	web application's main (root) directory. They go anywhere
	you like under your web application's main directory
	*except* under WEB-INF.

	Servlet classes *do* go in the WEB-INF/classes subdirectory
	of your web application's main (root) directory.

	And you need to configure apache so that tomcat is invoked
	for any URl which:
	(a) ends in .jsp, or
	(b) matches one of your servlets

	It is always recommended that you get things working with
	tomcat in "stand-alone" mode, ie without apache, then try
	adding apache as a front-end afterwards.

	You don't need to put any entries in yourwebapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
	related to your jsp files, unless you are trying something really
tricky
	like running a page's init function on startup.

	Regards,

	Simon