tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: Web Application initialization on startup
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:17:55 GMT
Hi,

	[Kitching Simon]

	Recently, I've been through exactly the same steps. Even to the
realisation
	that having to visit a particular jsp page after startup just wasn't
going to
	cut it in production.

	Finally, I put all the initialisation code into a servlet, and set
the
	servlet to start up on load.

	Attached are the relevant files....

	Hope this helps.

	Simon

>  <<web.xml>>  <<Initializer.java>>  <<InitializerServlet.java>>

	[Kitching Simon]

	By the way, the initialisation is split into a servlet & a bean
because we
	also use an IDE that cannot be told to run a servlet on startup, so
we still
	have the "visit the initialise page" procedure when using the IDE;
this
	initialise page now just calls the bean.

	PPS: this code is still in development, so it is a bit rough in
places..