tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Lee <tommythesec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Context path
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:50:51 GMT
<Context path="/purejsp"
docBase="purejsp"defaultSessionTimeOut="30"
isWARExpanded="true" isWARValidated="false"
isInvokerEnabled="true" isWorkDirPersistent="false"/>

Hi, I added the above server.xml in conf directory of
Tomcat.  However, when I run a .jsp off of

localhost:8080/purejsp/whatever.jsp

I get an error 500 (translation error) where by the
line in the .jsp

new FileInputStream("purejsp/something.txt")

causes a cannot open file exception.  But the
something.txt file is in the same directory as the
.jsp file (in purejsp directory).  The URL worked, how
come the scriplet line didn't?  Does this have
something to do with the context that I'm setting it
wrong?  Thanks a bunch in advance for any reply.

I currently have my .jsp file running with

new
FileInpurStream("\\tomcat\\purejsp\\something.txt")

which is not what I want.  Any advice would be joy!

-John