tomcat-users mailing list archives

From pohl <p...@screaming.org>
Subject where is mod_jk?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 18:22:36 GMT

Long version:

I'm trying to work through assembling apache/tomcat/mod_jk
for the first time, and am having some trouble with the
assortment of available documentation.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/mod_jk-howto.html

The above document looked promising, but for all of its
talk on "obtaining mod_jk" it never actually says where to
grab it from.  (I'm building on linux, where it merely
gives an apxs incantation that complains about no source
file.)  So where is the source?

I can't find it in the Tomcat 3.1 source distribution, it's
not in my Apache 1.3.12 source distribution (which is where
this howto implies it might be).

There there's the following FAQ-o-matic entry which insists
that there is documentation in the tomcat distribution on the
subject, but it doesn't give a filename (and I can't find
relevent docs in the source tarball)

http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/action/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/12/topic_id/102/question_id/530

Under normal conditions I would stick with jserv, but my
goal is to get jboss working with a servlet engine, and
tomcat is the engine they suggest.