tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: Java Color Model, Windows, Tomcat and Servlets
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2000 13:14:28 GMT
See the jGuru Servlet FAQ for the answer:

"Is there any way to generate offscreen images without relying on the
native graphics support? I'd like to create an image without an X
server running."

http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=121936

You are right to blame Java :-) but also blame Win2K for assuming all
your graphics will be at screen resolution.  I once had to write a
servlet that generated images that had to run on a server with an
8-bit graphics card, so they always came out wrong.  My solution was
to write the PureGraphics class (see FAQ) which does everything in
memory.

Cheers -

 - Alex