tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Babar Ali" <babar...@fsd.paknet.com.pk>
Subject [REPOST] [HOWTO] map a sub domain to particular context in TOMCAT
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2000 19:34:16 GMT
Hi there

My hosting company says

We cannot map individual webapps/contexts to specific hostnames within the confines
of a single web site.  To get that level of control requires additional web sites
on our machines.

Please suggest ways in which my subdomain like

software.compete-online.com can directly mapped to the context competesoft

which lies at www.compete-online.com/competesoft

confirm that TOMCAT does not provide such facility;
and also confirm that if there is a possiblity of adding this feature to TOMCAT
and how it can be done.

best regards
Babar.