tomcat-users mailing list archives

From seidhi Help <sei...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Please help on UnsatisfiedLinkError
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2000 13:42:24 GMT
Hi,
I am not familiar with Unix/Linux. I can quote from my
Windows experience and general rules
of the JAVA Game that your JNI libraries should be in
the %path% that JAVA can find during
execution.
For a normal java app, the command line to invoke a
JAVA module will be something like

java -Djava.library.path=c:\jnilibs
-D is a switch for the JAVA executable
java.library.path is a property for the command line
executor (JAVA.exe)
c:\jnilibs is a directory where your libraries(dll,
so) are located.

For a servlet environment i typically add the
c:\jnilibs in my windows environment %PATH% setting so
that it is effective at a global level. I think i
could also do it in the startup.bat (startup.sh) to
set this %PATH%.

HTH,
--Seidhi

--- Mari Luz Rodriguez Aragones <mlra20@tid.es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to develop an application with jni. It
> works fine, but an
> internal server error is produced when a servlet
> tries to link the
> apropiated library.
> Apache and Tomcat works fine with other servlets.
> What is the parameter
> which value is the location of this executable
> (ApiSms2000.so)?
> I think it must be a parameter like wrapper...., but
> I do not know  how
> to include this ApiSms2000.so file to be found by
> apache-tomcat.
> Could anybody help me, please?
>

> This is the error I get when the servlet is
> executed.
>
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ApiSms2000 in
> shared library path
>         at
> java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java)
>         at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java)
>         at
>         at

java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java)
>         at
>         at
> IniciarSesion.doGet(IniciarSesion.java:82)
>         at

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>         at
> IniciarSesion.service(IniciarSesion.java:24)
> 	at

>         at

>         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:597)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:257)
>         at

>         at

>         at

>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)
>

> 	ld.so.1:

/usr/local/jdk/jdk1.1.5/bin/sparc/green_threads/java: