tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rajnish Bhaskar" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat for Netware
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 13:21:32 GMT
Hi Mike,

> The problem with NetWare is that it uses "\" as the default
> file.separator and so tomcat treats it like a Windows platform.  I
> working on this issue but as a temporary workaround, I've added a
> -Dfile.separator="/" the the Java command line that starts up
> tomcat.

This works wonderfully.  Thank you very much for saving my hair
:o).  However, I've realised that Tomcat doesn't seem to be loading
a default context (ie, you get a 404 error when you enter
http://localhost:8080/).  I suppose that you could correct this by
adding it to the server.xml file (as in Tomcat 3.1) but the lack of an
entry for it in that file led me to assume that it would somehow load
it automatically.

Oh well, now I just need to make my servlets talk to an Oracle Lite
database running on a different machine and I'll be flying...

Rajnish Bhaskar,
IT Education Unit, University of Glasgow
It's a rum old world all right.  But you've got to have a laugh,
haven't you?
	-- Terry Pratchett (Didactylos, Small Gods).

View raw message