tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rajnish Bhaskar" <r.bhas...@compserv.gla.ac.uk>
Subject Re: tomcat error messages..
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 08:58:08 GMT
Hi Sam,

> i run tomcat with apache in my office for servlets and jsp
> but when i tried running tomcat at my home i got this strange message
> 'out of environmet space'

I got this same error.  I solved the problem as follows:
1) Right-click the Start button and select Explore.
2) In the resulting Explorer window, navigate the tree until you find
"MS-DOS prompt".
3) Right-click this and select properties
4) Select the Memory tab on the resulting window
5) Change the "initial environment" drop down box to a higher value
(mine is set to 1280)
6) click okay, open a DOS prompt and launch Tomcat as usual.

HTH,
Raj.

Rajnish Bhaskar
r.bhaskar@compserv.gla.ac.uk, http://i.am/rajy
IT Education Unit, University of Glasgow
http://www.iteu.gla.ac.uk/
--
Glad that live am I,
That the sky is blue.