tomcat-users mailing list archives

From produ...@jguru.com
Subject jGuru FAQ update notification
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2000 17:47:02 GMT
Hi.  You asked to be notified weekly when
certain jGuru.com FAQ(s) get new entries.

You can shut email notification off at the faq page(s)
listed below.

JavaServer Pages (JSP) FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JSP

How does one document JSP code, since javadoc doesn't really work?
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=140195
Is there a mailing list for the discussion of JSP-related issues?
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=138422
How can I link from secure to non-secure pages or vice-versa (HTTP -> HTTPS) in my
JSP or servlet code without always hardcoding the "https://..." or "http://..."
string?  I'd like to be able to use things like RequestDispatcher.forward() or relative URLs
when our users go back and forth between secure and non-secure pages.
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=138270
Without JSP generating a "Content-Length" header in response to a POST operation
to a .jsp file, how do
browsers know when HTML transmission (i.e. dynamic content) is done?  I'm having issues with
"half-pages" being sent to the browser.  It works fine over a local network,
but over the internet we have issues because of network latency.
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=138243
Is there a way to compress the result of the JSP and return it to the browser? Most browsers
support GZIP and I have compressed straight HTML and also used this technique with XML/XSL.
Btw, I am using a servlet-centric approach.
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=138234
Why would I want to use JSP when I could use XML/XSL and a parser instead to achieve system
independent results?
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=137933
What is the best way to pass objects between servlets and JSP - when do I use <i>getAttribute</i>
and when do I use <i>getParameter</i>?
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=137729
Architecturally speaking, under what circumstances must I consider adding EJB into the mix
when building web-based applications using servlets and JSP?
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=137169
What is the best product now in the market that supports JSP 1.1, including a development
and deployment tool.
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=136377
How do I bypass Basic Authentication for a JSP page?
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=136365
Is there any way to get the Last Modified date of a JSP source file <I>from that file</I>?
I want my JSP to have a display of the last modification automatically.
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=136360
How can I invoke an RMI Server from a in JSP page?
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=136355
Are there any tools which can automate the translation of ASP files to JSP?
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=136347
Is there a tool that contains wizards to create a quick database form in JSP?  I want to publish
some pages that would allow my team members to view lookup / informational database tables.

	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=136125
Does the IIS server support JSP? If not, is there a way to enable the same?
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=136087
What is the difference between response.sendRedirect(), RequestDispatcher.forward(), and PageContext.forward()
?
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=136035

Servlets FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Servlets

Architecturally speaking, under what circumstances must I consider adding EJB into the mix
when building web-based applications using servlets and JSP?
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=137169
How do I install Tomcat as servlet manager of Domino 5.x?

	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=136393
What is the difference between response.sendRedirect(), RequestDispatcher.forward(), and PageContext.forward()
?
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=136035
Trying to build Tomcat, I get a message &quot;No JAXP compliant XML parser found&quot;.
Where do I get this parser from and where do I put it?
	http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/view.jsp?EID=135925