tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Charles Sabourdin <zouy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: MySQL, Tomcat, Communication Link Error
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 09:18:22 GMT
My fisrt guess should be that the size of your
resultSet is over then the default driver size (1027Ko
if I remember correctly)
look at you driver spécification to modify the size of
the stream.
:-)
--- Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com> wrote:
> I have a simple servlet that performs a simple
> SELECT on an MySQL database.
> After running for approximately 24 hours, tomcat
> starts to throw IOException
> expection.
>
> Here is the stack:
>
> java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
> 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native
> Method)
> 	at

java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:83)
> 	at

java.io.BufferedOutputStream.write(BufferedOutputStream.java:112)
> 	at

java.io.DataOutputStream.write(DataOutputStream.java:88)
> 	at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.send(MysqlIO.java)
> 	at
> org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java)
> 	at

org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java)
> 	at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sqlQuery(MysqlIO.java)
> 	at
> org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java)
> 	at
> org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java)
> 	at

org.gjt.mm.mysql.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java)
> 	at

org.gjt.mm.mysql.jdbc2.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:78)