tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <ve...@veldy.net>
Subject Tomcat not reading Context's web.xml
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:55:32 GMT
I am using tomcat-3.2beta4 and Cocoon 1.7.4.

I have followed all instructions that I can find for installing Cocoon 1.7.4
on a given context.  I have made sure the proper jars are in the CLASSPATH
before xml.jar.  Anyway, it appears that when Tomcat starts, it does not
read my context's web.xml file.  The generated mod_jk.conf-auto files does
not contain any references to ANYTHING that I have placed in my web.xml
file?  Why isn't it being read.  It hardly seems to make sense to have a
web.xml if it is not going to be read ;)

I have manually modified mod_jk.conf-auto with "JkMount /newcontext/*.xml
ajp12" and then is works fine.

Can anybody tell me what, if anything, I am doing wrong - so that I can get
tomcat to read my web.xml file?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net