tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marek" <mdol...@north-pacific.com>
Subject getInitParameter ()
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:51:31 GMT
I need to read the value of an <init-param> from a servlets web.xml file. When i attempt
to get the value via
getInitParameter("paramName") it returns null. I have checked and double checked to make sure
I am using
the right name and that it does exist in web.xml. Can anyone think what the problem could
be ? It seems
like this should be a simple thing to accomplish.

The web.xml file is as follows:

<web-app>
   <display-name>Form Processor</display-name>

   <servlet>
      <servlet-name>formprocessor</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>FormProcessor</servlet-class>

      <init-param>
         <param-name>MLIST</param-name>
         <param-value>g900</param-value>
     </init-param>
   </servlet>

   <servlet>
      <servlet-name>testprocessor</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>TestProcessor</servlet-class>
   </servlet>
</web-app>

Marek