tomcat-users mailing list archives

From
Subject [No Subject]
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
My versions:
Apache 1.3.12
Tomcat 3.2b
mod_SSL 2.6.1
OpenSSL 0.9.5

Apache works ok, Tomcat ok, Apache + SSL ok, Apache + Tomcat ok.
Apache + SSL + Tomcat crashes when invoking a servlet or JSP via
https. Dr. Watson comes up and I get a internal server error.

Till that point I thougth WinNT would be the problem.
Also I thought the ApacheModuleJServ.dll could be
the problem cause I everytime get the warning
[warn] Loaded DSO modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll uses
plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under
EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)

I compiled with -DEAPI but still get the same warning, hmm !?

Since there seem to be similar problem on solaris, my question is,
is this a bug or is something wrong in my installation.

Did somebody get this stuff work tohether properly under WinNT ?
Please letme know !

Does anybody have any further configuration hints ?
Especially on the <VirtualHost _default_:*> things by Mike, if this
could be the solution. For me this does not work yet. :(

Here some *excerpts* from my configuration files.

Thx,
 Arne

### httpd.conf ###

Listen 8080
Listen 8443
LoadModule ssl_module modules/ApacheModuleSSL.dll
LoadModule jserv_module modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll

SSLMutex sem
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLSessionCache none
SSLLog logs/SSL.log
SSLLogLevel info

<VirtualHost server.domain.de:8443>
	SSLEngine On
	SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl.crt/server.domain.de.cert
	SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl.key/server.domain.de.key
	ApJServMount /servlet ajpv12://localhost:8007/ROOT
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost _default_:*>
# added due to the following posting in tomcatu-user ML
# seems not to solve the problem under WinNT