tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lars Hellgren" <lhellg...@zland.com>
Subject How to Eliminate Servlet String in Context?
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2000 17:34:55 GMT
RE: Apache + Tomcat 3.1 (Digital Tru64): "Magic file number error ..."What do I need to do
to not having to append "/servlet" to the servlet context in my URL's? That is, I don't want
to address my servlet in "webapps/context-name" as ".../context-name/servlet/servlet-name".
  In "apache-tomcat.conf", Tomcat appends "/servlet" to the context in "ApjServMount...",
however, removing the "/servlet" portion there makes no difference.  Ideally, I would like
to have no context portion at all and specify only the servlet name in the URL.  How could
this be done?

Thanks in advance.

Lars