tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Bremford" <mi...@paperx.com>
Subject RE: Difficulty with parameters & Apache/Tomcat configuration
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:56:22 GMT
I'm not sure why your parameters aren't showing up, but I'm fairly sure the
"null" part is the pathInfo part of your request - ie if you asked for
xyz/somthing.jsp/extra/bits, you would see /xyz + /something.jsp +
/extra/bits.

Can't think of any reason the parameters are being dropped. Try passing
parameters to the snoop servlet  - are they dropped there as well? If not,
the problem is with your code.

Cheers... Mike

 -----Original Message-----
From: Richard Wooding [mailto:richard@camara.co.za]
Sent: 28 September 2000 14:30
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: Manie Coetzee; Carlos Camara; Jono O'Donoghue; Marion Davey
Subject: Difficulty with parameters & Apache/Tomcat configuration

  The problem I am having with Apache/Tomcat configuration is as follows:

  When a url is call requested such as:
  http://www.xyz.com/something.jsp?StockNo=45&CategoryNo=23

  The parameter part of the url is being ignored as if it was:
  http://www.xyz.com/something.jsp

  This is true for both GET and POST form actions, as well as when I put the
parameters in hyperlinks

  The tomcat log logs the requests as follows:

  /xyz + /something.jsp + null

  I assume the null should be the parameters - I have a feeling that Apache
is not passing the parameters to Tomcat.

  Has anybody come across this problem before?

  Regards
  Richard Wooding

  Richard Wooding - Developer - Camara Consulting
  e-mail: richard@camara.co.za icq: 7082626 msn: richard@camara.co.za

  139 Hatfield Str, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001 Tel (Work): +27 (21) 4652138
Tel (Home): +27 (21) 4652544