tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Janet" <ja...@chinasystems-cn.com>
Subject how to config so I can access servlets on my Tomcat server?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:41:15 GMT
Hello!

I'm pretty new to Servlet programming. Now I tried to deploy a simple
application under my Tomcat and IIS but failed. (I can run the examples of
Tomcat so the basic server configuration is ok.)

I deployed my application to the directory:
d:\myapp\index.htm
d:\myapp\web-inf\web.xml
d:\myapp\web-inf\classes\com\mycom\mypack\myServlet.class

I add an <context> item of "myapp" to the <tomcat>\conf\server.xml. And I
add "/myapp" to the <tomcat>\conf\uriworkermap.properties. So I can see
"localhost/app/index.htm" in my IE.

But I cannot access to "myServlet" using "localhost/app/servlet/myServlet"

After I added an item in "d:\myapp\web-inf\web.xml":
<servlet>
      <servlet-name>myServlet</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>com.mycomp.mypack.myServlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
 </servlet>

It still won't work?

Any one can help me???