tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert L. Brueckmann" <rbrueckm...@teamdiscus.com>
Subject /examples directory?
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:29:06 GMT
I just installed both tomcat 3.2 Beta and apache 1.3.12.  I startup tomcat,
then startup the apache server...i can then navigate to localhost/examples
with no problem but the thing is - apache is serving that '/examples'
directory, not tomcat...is that right?  Because when i go to
localhost:8080/examples tomcat serves that directory...am I stupid for
asking this question...i mean the jsps and servlet work in both cases so
maybe I shouldn't be worrying about it except that I am trying to use the
cocoon servlet from apache's site as well and that works only when i call it
from localhost:8080 not from just regular localhost...can someone at least
tell me that who should be serving the /examples directory when accessed
from localhost/examples?
Much thanks!!!
----
Robert L. Brueckmann
Webmaster
Decision Systems Corporate Solutions (DiSCuS)
7400 York Road, Suite 405
Towson, MD 21204
ph: 410-337-5444
fax: 410-337-5585