tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Cook" <jimc...@iname.com>
Subject Re: SSL
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 16:01:12 GMT
Yes this has changed.

SSL support is available in the 3.2 builds.

jim

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Juden" <SJuden@parity.co.uk>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 9:23 AM
Subject: SSL

> Hi,
>
> Deepest apologies if this is an FAQ, I can't seem to get the FAQ loaded.
>
> I've been using tomcat as a standalone for quite a while now however my
> latest project requires SSL.  Does this mean I have to use Apache mod SSL or
> is there a canonical way to get tomcat (only) up using SSL?  Is Apache mod
> SSL the best way to do it or is there a better way I haven't considered?
> The Readme file for the tomcat version I have (3.1) says that HTTPS is
> explicitly not supported, has this changed for 3.2 and if so is 3.2 beta 3
> stable enough to show to a client?
>
> I *am* trying to RTFM but I can't seem to get the FM into my browser before
> the connection times out (I've been trying for a couple of days)!
>
> With many thanks, and apologies once again for asking this kind of stuff on
> a mailing list,
>
> Simon

>  The Parity Mail system added...
> This is an e-mail from Parity Solutions Ltd, an end to end e-business company
(www.paritysolutions.co.uk). This e-mail may contain proprietary and
confidential information and is intended for the recipient(s) only.  If an
addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the
author by replying to this e-mail.  If you are not the intended recipient(s)
disclosure, distribution, copying or printing of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.  Information or opinions in this message that do not relate to the
business of Parity shall be treated as neither given nor endorsed by it.
Neither Parity nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses or other
destructive elements and it is your responsibility to scan any attachments.