tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "See Kai Leong, Ken" <ken...@singnet.com.sg>
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.2 SSL - Unrecognized SSL handshake...
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2000 09:21:25 GMT
Hi Warner Onstine,

Hope to hear from you soon on this.

By the way, after you get into the index.html page, the JSP and Servlet link
does not work also.

Thanks.

Regards,
Ken, See Kai Leong

----- Original Message -----
From: "Warner Onstine" <warner@warneronstine.com>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2000 06:36
Subject: Re: Tomcat 3.2 SSL - Unrecognized SSL handshake...

> Sorry I didn't reply this e-mail got buried under all the others (my
filters
> automatically dump anything that has tomcat-dev in it into my tomcat-dev
> folder and sometimes I don't read everything ;-).
>
> The rewrite thing is really weird, I hadn't experienced anything like that
> before. I will try and dupe on my system here, you are still using 3.2
> right?
>
> It may take me a couple of days but I will try and get to that as well as
> the SSL-howto I've been promising ;-)
>
> -warner

I'm
> > > using Tomcat standalone.
> > >
> > > I've done everything I was told to do by the server.xml file, and I've
> > even
> > > looked through the SSLSocketFactory class code and found nothing which
> may
> > > be not working...  I've added JSSE to my classpath and I did the
> keystore
> > > thing with the -keyalg RSA flag so I'm a little bit baffled!
> > >
> > > Here is the output I get from the Tomcat console window when I try to
> > access
> > > the server:
> > > 2000-09-08 08:36:01 - ContextManager: IOException reading request,
> > ignored -
> > > javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL handshake.
> > >         at
> > > com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
> > >         at
> > > com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
> > >         at
> > > com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
> > >         at

com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppInputStream.read([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
> > >         at
> java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:186)
> > >         at
> java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:204)
> > >         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpRequestAdapter.doRead(HttpRequestAdapter.
> > > java:120)
> > >         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.doRead(BufferedServletInpu
> > > tStream.java:106)
> > >         at

org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.read(BufferedServletInputS
> > > tream.java:128)
> > >         at
> > > javax.servlet.ServletInputStream.readLine(ServletInputStream.java:138)
> > >         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpRequestAdapter.readNextRequest(HttpReques

https://localhost,