tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Bremford" <mi...@paperx.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk vs. mod_jserv
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:39:00 GMT
I believe it's also supposed to differentiate between HTTP and HTTPS
correctly.

I haven't looked at the mod_jk source, but I know that the jserv protocol
as it stands can't identify an SSL connection to tomcat. Apache/JServ got
around this with a hack (if the connection was on port 443, it's secure),
but
tomcat hasn't done this, which is why the scheme is always HTTP and
isSecure()
always returns false if you connect via mod_jserv.

Cheers... Mike