tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "david" <ym...@yahoo.com>
Subject JSPs work but not servlets
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:36:21 GMT
Thanks for the help attempts.
I can get .jsp files to run, but not servlets!!!!  Help!  This Servlet ran fine under JServe...

I have my stuff in /webapps/tasp  with the appropriate dir structure
I have a web.xml file under /webapps/tasp/web-inf:
  <!DOCTYPE web-app
      "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd">
  <web-app>
       <servlet>
        <servlet-name>ServletTest</servlet-name>
          <servlet-class>ServletTest</servlet-class>
       <servlet-mapping>
           <servlet-name>ServletTest</servlet-name>
           <url-pattern>ServletTest</url-pattern>
       </servlet-mapping>
       </servlet>
  </web-app>
my servlet ServletTest.java and ServletTest.class are under /webapps/tasp/web-inf/

the .jsp that runs is just under /webapps/tasp

the server.xml has an added context:

        <Context path="/tasp" docBase="webapps/tasp" debug="9" reloadable="true" >
        </Context>

the tomcat.log file is saying:
  Context log: path="/tasp" In error handler 404 null / R( /tasp +  + /ServletTest)
  Context log: path="/tasp" Error: Calling servlet Wrapper(tomcat.errorPage S:org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultErrorPage)
Any ideas what I'm missing to serve my servlets???  I have tried with "demo" servlets with
no difference...

Also, am I correct in understanding then that when Tomcat runs alone, it only needss the server.xml
and various web.xml files
or does it still use the tomcat.properties and zone.properties files????
Are all the properties files for working with Apache only??

TIA,
-- david