tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kenneth R. Kress <>
Subject Re: Apache servlet mapping
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:24:17 GMT

You might want to take a look at these:

How do I use servlet aliasing, so the URL
"" can become

How do I make servlet aliasing work with Apache+Tomcat?

Also, it is possible to use the Mount directives (JkMount if you use
mod_jk; ApJServMount if you use mod_jserv) in conjunction
with your web.xml file. Web.xml tells Tomcat to handle the
alias; the Mount directives or LocationMatch tell Apache
to hand off processing to Tomcat.

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> How do I get Apache to understand my servlet mappings.  I can run the root
> of my web app and all jsp's and servlets work fine when they are in the
> normal web app directory structure, but my servlet mappings in my webapp's
> web.xml file are being ignored.  They work fine when just going against
> tomcat.
> I read through the Apache Tomcat HowTo docs and didn't really see anything
> that looked like it would help.  It does seem that there is ApJServAction
> directive that may relate to this, but I couldn't find docs on it.
> Any ideas?
> TIA,
> Bill Pfeiffer
> Arbitration Forums, Inc