tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rabea Khalaf" <rabea.kha...@barnardos.org.uk>
Subject Re: Tomcat & Apache & Linux -grrr
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:32:29 GMT

are addressed. Copying or use by anyone else is not authorised.
PostMaster@Barnardos.org.uk
hello all
i installed apache and tomcat on unix alpha successfully
i managed to get a test box to practice
the original box for developer
now i want to do some work any steps and advice how to use this services
any suggestion i will be very happy to follow
thank you in advance
:))))

>>> kenju_taylor@yahoo.com 16/08/2000 14:15:22 >>>
I set up a folder(jnt) in the same directory as
examples would have been installed. I then made a
"ln -s" to from that (jnt) to (jnt) in the apache
doc-root.
I'm just learning JSP and don't want to clutter my
doc-root.

--- Andrew Stubbs <andrews@stusoft.com> wrote:
> I have the following config
>
> Apache 1.3.12
> Java  1.1.7B
> Tomcat Milestone Release
>
> Using mod_jk and mod_jserv both give same results.
> Obtained them from the
> Jakarta site.
>
> Connections to server:8080/examples/jsp etc give the
> correct results
> Connections to server/examples/jsp returns page not
> found
>
> I also found that the position of the include in the
> httpd.conf was
> critical - too late in the file and the server would
> not even start.
>
> I include the conf files after the other AddModule
> steps into the httpd.conf
>
> Any ideas or pointers. I am obviously doing
> something daft.
> I have got the exact same setup working under
> Apache/Tomcat on a Win2K box
> without any problems.
>
> Andrew

=====
Tommy Taylor          | In the eyes of others,
kenju_taylor@yahoo.com| be a mirror to yourself