tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rabea Khalaf" <rabea.kha...@barnardos.org.uk>
Subject Re: Tomcat, Apache, and Solaris 2.7 - Help!!
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 15:40:54 GMT

are addressed. Copying or use by anyone else is not authorised.
PostMaster@Barnardos.org.uk
each time i try to down load perl i found that the page restricted or l can not do it
if i managed to get this tar file where do i need to install it
any specific directory or it has to be on apache directory?
your help is most apprieciated
:))))
i will have a party if i finished the first task asigned to me
every one invited hora  hora hora let us start the party now
:(((((

>>> Marcel.Landman@DICgroep.nl 08/08/2000 11:52:18 >>>
You need to install Perl (www.perl.com, version 5), because APXS
is written in Perl script.
When you have installed Perl,  you can execute the script with:

<PathToPerl>nsPerl <PathToAPXS (=Apache/bin)> -c jserv*.c mod_jserv.c -o mod_jserv.so

After this you need to copy this file into <apachedir>/libexec and add
the tomcat.conf to as an include in httpd.conf.

start TomCat and then start Apache....and it will work!!

Marcel Landman
DIC Information Consultants

Rabea Khalaf wrote:

> are addressed. Copying or use by anyone else is not authorised.
> If you have received this email in error please notify
> PostMaster@Barnardos.org.uk
> i tried to install apache by following this syntax
> ./configure --prefix=/path/to/apache --enable-module=all --enable-shared=max --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
> and every thing went welll
> now i am trying to build mod_jserv.so
> the error message is
> apxs is not found , while i do have it and as an executable file on /apache/bin/apxs
>
> i do not know what to do next
> i tried every single trick in the book
>
> help help help if any one please has any advise 4 mmmmme
> i will be most apprieciated
>
> Rab

To find out more about Barnardos, or to make a donation,
visit our web site at www.barnardos.org.uk

                     Barnardos Registered Office:
                     Tanners Lane, Barkingside, Ilford, Essex. IG6 1QG
                     Reg No61625 England. Charity Reg No 216250