tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rabea Khalaf" <rabea.kha...@barnardos.org.uk>
Subject Re: Tomcat, Apache, and Solaris 2.7 - Help!!
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 12:06:47 GMT

are addressed. Copying or use by anyone else is not authorised.
PostMaster@Barnardos.org.uk
i tried to install apache by following this syntax
./configure --prefix=/path/to/apache --enable-module=all --enable-shared=max --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
and every thing went welll
now i am trying to build mod_jserv.so
the error message is
apxs is not found , while i do have it and as an executable file on /apache/bin/apxs

i do not know what to do next
i tried every single trick in the book

help help help if any one please has any advise 4 mmmmme
i will be most apprieciated

Rab

>>> andy.lewis@veritas.com 08/08/2000 10:49:57 >>>
I just went through this in the last two days. Although I did encounter
some other problems as well (as shown by previous posts), it now works
fine.  I'm using a clean install of Solaris 2.7 and it appears I installed
the same packages you did.

I used ./configure --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE --enable-module=all
--enable-shared=max --disable-module=auth_db

The last bit is due to no Berkley DB stuff available. This built and runs
fine...

visit our web site at www.barnardos.org.uk