tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rabea Khalaf" <rabea.kha...@barnardos.org.uk>
Subject Re: A Doubt
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 10:30:56 GMT

are addressed. Copying or use by anyone else is not authorised.
PostMaster@Barnardos.org.uk
hello
i did not understand what u saying
let me tell you what i have done
I installed and compiled apache on unix digital version 4.0F (DS20)
I installed tomcat
Nad then I installed Java 1.2.2-6
the error message i got is
can not find mod_jser.so
in the tomcat-apache.conf file
i was looking for /TOMCAT_HOME/src the ../native/apache/jser is not exist
any advice

Please help

>>> holger@klawitter.de 02/08/2000 09:21:21 >>>
> suppose more than user accesses  the same  jsp page
> what happens??
> if  i am correct only one instance of the jsp(generated servlet) will be
> maintained by the server(apache)

first of all: apache does not maintain jsp, that's tomcats job.

I think in saying "one instance" you mean there is one "class object"
representing the jsp (the jsp gets compiled only once). This however,
does not mean that there is only one object of that class (that's what
you normall call instance).

HTH,
	Holger Klawitter
--
Holger Klawitter                                    +49 (0)251 484 0637
holger@klawitter.de                            http://www.klawitter.de/

To find out more about Barnardos, or to make a donation,
visit our web site at www.barnardos.org.uk

                     Barnardos Registered Office:
                     Tanners Lane, Barkingside, Ilford, Essex. IG6 1QG
                     Reg No61625 England. Charity Reg No 216250