tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Rumney <jrum...@att.com>
Subject Re: Can't find jars in webapps/WEB-INF/lib
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2000 07:58:38 GMT
Andrew Jarman <ajarman@metacomcorp.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> This seems like a really stupid question, but I've been fighting it for
> hours:
>
> I have put together a servlet, along with some required jar files into
> the following dir structure:
>
> ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar
> ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml
>
> The lib/*.jar includes the servlet classes and some other associated
> classes.  This includes the vbjorb.jar and others so my servlet can
> access an oracle database.

vbjorb.jar contains classes that need to override the org.omg.corba.*
classes that are part of the standard Java libraries. Because of this,
it does not work when placed in an application specific lib
directory. There may be a similar problem with the oracle.jar (I have
no experience with this one).

--
Jason Rumney <jrumney@att.com>
AT&T Labs (Redditch, UK)