tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Rumney <jrum...@att.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat, Apache, and Solaris 2.7 - Help!!
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 10:40:52 GMT
David Oxley <dave@staffplanner.co.uk> writes:

> From a clean install of Solaris 2.7 I have installed the following
> modules:
>
> gcc-2.95.2-sol7-sparc-local
> gzip-1
> make-3.78.1-sol7-sparc-local
> perl-5.005_03-sol7-sparc-local
> Solaris_JRE_1.2.2_05a_sparc.bin
>
> I have also installed the source of Apache from apache_1.3.12.tar.gz and
> the source from Jakarta-Tomcat 3.1 from jakarta-tomcat.zip.
>
> I sucessfully built Apache using the following commands:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
> --enable-module=so
> make install
>
> Apache loads and serves pages fine after this. Next I tried to build
> mod_jserv using the following command:
> apxs -c -o mod_jserv.so *.c
>
> ....and get this error:
> apxs:Error: Sorry, no DSO support for Apache available
> apxs:Error: under your platform. Make sure the Apache
> apxs:Error: module mod_so is compiled into your server
> apxs:Error: binary `/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd'.

I found that I had to use the Sun C compiler rather than gcc to get
DSO support working properly. However, my symptoms were different -
mod_jserv built, but refused to load at runtime, so I am not sure that
we have the same problem.

If it helps, my configuration for Apache was:

CC=cc \
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
--enable-module=most --enable-shared=max

--
Jason Rumney <jrumney@att.com>
AT&T Labs (Redditch, UK)