tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Novotny <novo...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject RE: stupid Windows question
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:33:14 GMT

	Thank you everyone for answering my "stupid Windows question". The
lesson I've learned from al this is to use "tomcat.bat run" since it will
run tomcat inside the same window. The second lesson is to increase the
lines displayed. However on Windows 98, I'm apparently limited to 50
lines. Other options are 25 and 43 lines from the "screen" panel. So for
now, provided Tomcat messages aren't too long I can actually see them. As
someone else pointed out, another gotcha is that the memory size has to be
set larger if you have a long CLASSPATH set (man, this must date back to
the days when 256 KB was considered a lot of memory ;-))

	On another note, I have been tempted to go straight to the Cygwin
tools, but that seems to defeat the point of making my stuff win
compatible. One life-saver I have found is Xemacs for Windows.
Unfortunately, while built-in shell support for Unix is fantastic, I can't
say the same for DOS.

	Thanks for the support, Jason