tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@dresdnerbank.de>
Subject 'distributable' web applications
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:45:14 GMT
Hi All,

	I've been reading through the Java Servlets 2.2 specification,
	searching for more information about servlets that are tagged as
	'distributable' in the web.xml.

	Unfortunately the specification is a bit thin when it comes to what
	this actually means.

	Unless I've missed something (please let me know if I have) it only
	lightly touches on the subject, saying that a servlet marked as
	'distributable' can only be instantiated once per servlet definition,
	per VM (unless the SingleTheadModel is used), and that it tells the
	servlet container that the servlet has been 'programmed appropriately'.

	So, from a developers perspective, what does this 'properly
	appropriately' business mean ? What specialities does one have to take
	care of if they want to declare their servlet as 'distributable' ?

	Cheers, hope everyone has a great weekend.

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750