tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <tlip...@mercea.net>
Subject RE: Tomcat + Apache Across Multiple Machines
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:32:15 GMT
Out of curiosity, what are people's experiences using a two-tiered setup
like this with Apache/Tomcat? I've heard some people say that sockets
between the two hosts incur more overhead than actually processing the
requests, but I've heard other people say it's a good way to divide the
load of serving a site between static and dynamic pages. Any comments, or
pointers to sites that discuss this issue?

-TOdd

| Perl CGI scripting                    email tlipcon@csoft.net |
| Web Design                            email tlipcon@csoft.net |
|        My Current Projects:                                   |
| NewsWire				www.squirrelsw.com	|
| JavaGroove				www.squirrelsw.com	|