tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ara...@india-today.com
Subject security-constraint
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:13:54 GMT
Hi guys

I have defined the following security-constraint in web.xml..
In short i want to protect the a entire context "subadmin" from all access.

When i define the following in web.xml for the subadmin context
<security-constraint>
	<web-resource-collection>
		<web-resource-name>Subscriptions Admin Area</web-resource-name>
		<url-pattern>//*</url-pattern>
	</web-resource-collection>

	<auth-constraint>
		<role-name>subadmin</role-name>
	</auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

<login-config>
	<auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
	<realm-name>Example Basic Authentication Area</realm-name>
</login-config>

the following error is generated in servlet.log
Context log: path="/subadmin" Error/loop in default error handler R( /subadmin + / + html/)
401 null null
Context log: path="/subadmin" Error/loop in default error handler R( /subadmin + / + jsp/index.jsp)
401 null null

The authentication box also pops up only when i load the page for the second
time..
Can any one please tell me why is it happening this way

Thanx
Anand Raman