tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ara...@india-today.com
Subject Re: SQL Exception (same erro) (SOLVED)
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 14:36:42 GMT
hi guys
Managed to solve the problem but still I AM CONFUSED WITH WHATS HAPPENING..
After browsing thru some other mail archives it was suggested to have a look at the strace
output for a sample application..

Though i didnt understand what strace generated i could make out was that the connection was
getting refused somehow or the other..

This started off a long tedious recursive trials and one permutation clicked for me..

I used to mention the ip address of the machine, but the connect string used to convert it
into the DNS name and mysql refused such a connection as there was no such entry in the access
control tables.. Now what is confusing me is that why should the connect string try to get
the fully qualified name when being supplied with the IP address..

Will anyone will be kind enough to go thru the strace output generated and give me the feedback..

The attached strace file was generated when i tried to connect to the database using the IP
address but the connect string chose to query the name server 64.14.239.201 for the fully
qualified domain name on port 53..

THANX A LOT FOR UR COOPERATION AND TIME..
Bye
Anand
Today araman@india-today.com said

> Please ignore if it has already been delivered..
> Thanx
> Anand

seems to be fine..  I am also able to connect to the database using the mysql client and the
same login and passwd..