tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ara...@india-today.com
Subject SQL Exception (same error) (fwd)
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 10:53:54 GMT
Please ignore if it has already been delivered..
Thanx
Anand

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:22:02 +0530 (IST)
From: araman@india-today.com
To: Tomcat <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: SQL Exception (same error)

Hi again
After reading all ur mails i tried to the following

1.	create a fresh user in the mysql database

by 'some_pass';

2.	create a sample application and test connectivity to the database

	import java.sql.*;

	public class trial {
		Connection conn;
		Statement stmt;

			trial tr = new trial();
			String DBURL="jdbc:mysql:localhost///subscriptions";
			try{
				Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver");
				tr.conn=DriverManager.getConnection(DBURL,"subs","some_pass");
				tr.stmt=tr.conn.createStatement();
				System.out.println("In connect");
				System.out.println(tr.stmt);
			} catch(Exception ex){
				System.out.println(ex.toString());
			}
		}
	}

3.	On compiling and excuting I still manage to get the following error

	java.sql.SQLException: Server configuration denies access to data source

Why is this coming.. I have gone over the privileges table many times and everything seems
to be fine..  I am also able to connect to the database using the mysql client and the same
login and passwd..

This thing is totally driving me up the wall if ay one of u could tell me why it is happening
so..

Thanx for ur time
Anand Raman