tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jack Gavigan" <jack.gavi...@db.com>
Subject Re: another ROOT directory
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:18:14 GMT

>Probably the right word is "different". I am working on the "expresso
>framework"  which is a very large( ~100) set of programs all set up to be
>invoked by the call http://localhost:8080/servlet/servletname.  The only
>place that I can set it up with tomcat is in the ROOT directory, since I
>don't have to call  for example,
>"//localhost:8080/examples/servlet/servletname".

To allow you to call the servlets with http://localhost:8080/servlet/servletname instead of
http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/servletname WITHOUT having to move your stuff into
weabpps/ROOT, remove the following two lines from server.xml:

<Context path="" docBase="webapps/ROOT" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

..and replace them with:

<Context path="" docBase="webapps/examples" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

There's nothing special about the webapps/ROOT directory - it's just a normal directory that
happens to have the "root" context path set for it in the default server.xml file.

Jack Gavigan
"..but I'm willing to try anything once.

destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.