tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jack Gavigan" <jack.gavi...@db.com>
Subject Re: another ROOT directory
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:11:41 GMT

>I have several virtual websites running in Apache/Tomcat. Each with
>it's own server.xml....

Hmm. Potential confusion.

You can call different "server.xml" files by using the -f command-line option when you start
Tomcat - e.g. /opt/jakarta-tomcat/bin/startup.sh -f /opt/jakarta-tomcat/conf/jacks-test-site.xml

If you DON'T specify anything with -f, it defaults to conf/server.xml

At least, I _assume_ that's that these lines in org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat do:

    String configFile=null;
    static final String DEFAULT_CONFIG="conf/server.xml";

I'm not a programmer, so feel free to correct me. :)

By the way, is there any particular reason for the conf/tomcat.properties file's existence
in the distribution?

Jack Gavigan
"I've never documented a software package before, but..."

destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.