tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jam...@cardsetc.com
Subject Re: Class Loader Question. Tomcat classloader and Xalan extensions
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 02:45:08 GMT

Alex!

I myself had the same problem with Xalan (when using extension elements)
and Tomcat.  I did a bit of debugging and it looked like the problem was
actually in the Bean Scripting Framework, but I didn't go any further than
that: putting everything onto the system classpath was an acceptable
although inconvenient solution for us.

My theory is that either Xalan or the BSF is being a bad sport by
circumventing the Tomcat class loader, but class loading is an area of Java
that I must unfortunately profess ignorance in at this stage.

Alex, if you do get any responses from the xalan developer's list I would
be very appreciative if you could pass them onto me at jamesw@cardsetc.com
- unfortunately it looks like the webweaving archive is currently down.

Regards,
James W.

Be sure to check out the careers section of our web site to see
how you could be eligible for a $2000 reward.
http://www.cardsetc.com/
This e-mail is from Cards Etc Pty Ltd (ACN: 069 533 302). It may contain
privileged and confidential information. It is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail or by phone on +61 2 9212 7773 & delete this
e-mail from your system.