tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Luis Andrei Cobo" <va...@megapathdsl.net>
Subject Help??!!
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 22:08:48 GMT
Here's my issue. Up until now everything has been running smoothly with
tomcat. Just today I changed SA password on my database and recompiled a
servlet which performs some routine Database work. The servlet compiled
fine, and I moved it into the path where it belongs, restarted tomcat so it
can reload the servlet properly. Launched the site, which has this at the
top of the page:

<%@ PAGE LANGUAGE="JAVA"
import="java.sql.*,java.util.*,net.tarso.tracking.*" %>
<%! UserHawk uh = new UserHawk(); %>
<%@ include file="dbconn.jsp" %>
	//which I just added in from actually having the Connection string on each
page, made an include file instead.

So!

When i ran the page, with just those minimum modifications ( mind you my
classpath has always been accurate and working),

I get this error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPerror:
File /usr/local/jdk/net/tarso/tracking/UserHawk.class does not contain type
UserHawk as expected, but type net.tarso.tracking.UserHawk. Please remove
the file, or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the class
path.
/usr/local/apache/tomcat/work/localhost_8080/_0002findex_0002ejspindex_jsp_6
7.java:21: Class UserHawk not found.
         UserHawk uh = new UserHawk();

It IS in the correct subdirectory of the classpath where it is being called
from , namely /usr/local/jdk/net/tarso/tracking/ and jdk home is
/usr/local/jdk

so what's wrong?

Luis