tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Shevland" <shevla...@kpi.com.au>
Subject RE: Running Tomcat as user nobody
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 05:18:04 GMT
Here's a cut down example of one I use for Postgres in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/pgsql.sh (FBSD 3.5/4)
that shows this using the 'su' command. You'll need to replace the -x test, -l <user>
and the command within the -c '<command>' section:

---
#!/bin/sh
#

[ -x /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster ] && {
su -l postgresuser -c 'exec /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -S -o -F -D /www/pgsql/data >
/dev/null'
}
---

HTH,